ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE
102.3 WXLC-FM SANDALS OCHI BEACH RESORT WINTER GETAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085, and Unique Travel, Corp. the worldwide representatives of Sandals Resorts (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Getaway contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around Thursday, January 30, 2020 on or about 3:00 p.m. CST and ends at 6:00 p.m. CST on or about Friday, February 14, 2020 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is 6:00 p.m. CST on or about Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of WXLC-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Individuals may only win a major Station-conducted contest/sweepstakes, valued $600 or more, only once every twelve (12) months.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s). You may only qualify once during the entire duration of this promotion.
VIA TELEPHONE – At the time of their call, entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
VIA INTERNET – At the time of their choosing, entrants may enter to win on the 1023XLC.com contest page by entering their correct and legal contact information.
- Prizes: Two (2) prize packages consisting of a four-day/three-night 5-Star Luxury Included® Vacation for two (2) adults
to any of the fifteen Sandals Resorts listed below, with locations in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas,
Barbados & Grenada with round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from American Airlines.
Estimated Retail Value = $3,250
Estimated Retail Value of Airfare= $1,000
Estimated Total Retail Value of vacation and round-trip coach airfare for two adults = $4,250
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the amount of entrants.
- Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Two (2) winners will be selected at random from qualifier list on Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person or household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible to get to departure city. Travel must be taken by February 2021 and is subject to availability and is not allowed over holidays, blackout dates or convention periods. Confirmation will be given on a space available basis only. Once a reservation is made, no changes are permitted. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents, must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
- • Sandals Resorts is a 5-Star Luxury Included® resort destination. Therefore the provided prizes will each include
luxurious accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy, king-sized bed), all meals, unlimited premium
liquors, daily & nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including daily SCUBA diving (for certified
divers), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, gratuities, resort taxes and Sandals transfers to and
from the resort designated airport.
• Telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions,
inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes and purchases made at the
Sandals Specialty Shops are not included.
• Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) provided by Unique Travel, Corp. is valid to/from the nearest major
U.S. gateway to resort designated airport. The tickets are valid until February 1st, 2021 and are subject
to availability and black-out periods (black-out dates to be determined). Flights will be on mutually
approved dates. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, originating from the same airport.
Flights and airlines are subject to change and availability. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
• Please note: Airfare reservations will not
be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
• Prize(s) must be redeemed for travel within one year from February 1st, 2020 and is not transferable or
redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the
prize is void.
• Please note: This prize(s) is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. Reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the
selected travel date.
• Prizewinner must be at least 18 years of age. Sandals Resort is an adult-only, couples only, romantic
• Sandals Resorts reserves the right to relocate any confirmed prizewinner from their resort of choice to an
alternate resort within our chain based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.
• Unique Travel Corp. is the prize provider (the “Prize Provider”).
• Prizewinner(s) confirms and represent that he/she has complied with all the rules
and regulations of the Promotion, and he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion.
• Prizewinner(s), his/her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby
waive and release any and all rights, claims, and causes of action whatsoever he/she may have against the
Prize Provider now or in the future arising out of his/her participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance
and utilization of the Prize that he/she has won, or the exercise of any rights granted herein.
• Any federal, state and/or local taxes applicable to the Prize will be the prizewinner(s) responsibility to pay.
Prizewinner will receive from the Sponsor an IRS Form 1099 (or similar) in the amount of the Prize. Prize
Provider, along with their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliate companies or agencies, and
Unique Vacations, Inc. will not provide the 1099.
- LIMITATIONS of LIABILITY: Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or mutilated entries or mail or for any computer, on-line, telephone or technical malfunctions, delays or human errors that occur in the processing, transmission or receipt of entries, or for inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, lost or delayed by computer transmissions. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its agents, subsidiaries, and each of their respective officers, employees, and directors, from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the Contest or in prize-related activities; including any travel related thereto.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to Official Rules Request, 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.