ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE AWESOME APPLE VACATIONS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085, and Apple Vacations, 101 Northwest Point Boulevard, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The Awesome Apple Vacations contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around Monday, February 27, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. CST and ends at 6:00 p.m. CST on or about Friday, March 10, 2017 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is 4:20 p.m. CST on Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live or work within 50 miles of 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085. Employees of WXLC-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Individuals may only win a major Station-conducted contest/sweepstakes only once every twelve (12) months.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA TEXT – When on-air personality asks you to text in at or around 8:20 p.m. CST, text specific keyword, as explained by on-air personality, to 68255 for your chance to qualify. Entrants in a Text-to-Win promotion do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but the winner(s) must provide all requested information at the time the winner(s) is selected and notified, including first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Message and data rates may apply. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry.
All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. By submission of a text message entry in this contest, entrants hereby expressly consent to the receipt of a confirmatory bounce-back message related to this Promotion. Text message entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account used to submit the entry at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
VIA TELEPHONE – At the time of their call, entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
- Prizes: Two (2) trips for two (2) people to BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, round-trip air, for 7-nights.
- Odds of Winning: 2/66 chance of winning. There will be 66 total qualifiers for this contest
- Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Two (2) winners will be selected at random at 6:00 p.m. CST on-air on 102.3 WXLC-FM. Winner will have 30-minutes to call in to the contest line at 847-336-1023 to claim their prize. If winner does not call within 30-minutes, another winner will be selected at random and they will have 30-minutes to call in to the contest line.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to Awesome Apple Vacations Winner List or Official Rules Request, 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of 102.3 WXLC-FM, 3250 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, Illinois 60085. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
Please note the following rules apply specifically with Apple Vacations.
1. Trip is valid for 2 adults and includes 7-night accommodations, round-trip charter air, transfers to/from
resort, all meals and drinks, non-motorized watersports and the services of an Apple Representative
2. Winner has read and agrees to the Fair Trade Contract: http://www.book.applevacations.com/ftc
3. Winner’s Reservation Request Form provided by 102.3 WXLC-FM Promotions must be received by email or fax at least 14 days prior to all requested
departure dates and no more than 45 days prior to all requested departure dates. All requests not
adhering to this guideline will NOT be processed. For any Dreams, Secrets, NOW, Sunscape, or Zoetry
properties, please submit the form within 60 days of travel.
4. Reservations must be made through Apple Vacations Promotions Department.
5. All departure taxes, insurance, fees and fuel surcharges (approximately $350-$415 per person, subject
to change) will be advised by Apple Promotional Bookings will be paid by 102.3 WXLC-FM to Apple
Vacations prior to departure.
7. Additional air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any
optional service fees including seat selection, meals, and drinks are not included and are the
responsibility of the traveling passenger.
8. Restricted dates of travel include: 5 days prior to and after holidays such as Spring Break, Easter,
Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and other U.S. government holidays (i.e. Martin Luther King Day,
President’s Day, Memorial Day, etc..).
9. Apple Vacations will mail or email travel vouchers for charter flight, transfers and hotel once payment
has been received.
10. Trips are subject to availability. Restrictions apply.
11. Once Apple Vacations has confirmed a trip, no changes can be made.
12. A cancellation will result in the forfeiture of this certificate.
13. Travel must be completed within the redemption period noted on this form – no extensions allowed.
14. Trip is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
15. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another on charter air and of equal
value, equal Apple rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur.
Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations.
16. If winner contacts hotel or airline, trip will be forfeited in full.
17. For hotel information, please log on to www.applevacations.com.
18. Apple Vacations cannot provide upgrades on promotional rooms. Please ask upon arrival at front desk
for cost of upgrade.
19. All passengers must possess valid passport, and be at least 21 years old or traveling with a legal
20. Apple Vacations Staff and Family Members are not eligible to win or travel.
21. We regret we are unable to accept reservation requests by phone or in person.
22. The parties are acting as independent contractors with respect to each other. Neither party
undertakes by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of the other party. Neither
party shall be construed as an employee, agent, legal representative, partner or joint venturer of the
other, or acting as the agent of the other in any respect, all other provisions of this Agreement,
notwithstanding. Neither party shall have the authority to contract for or bind the other in any manner
and shall not represent itself as an agent of the other party or as otherwise authorized to act for or on
behalf of the other party.